How’s your night vision these days? Seeing in the dark will be one of the first things to go. Next you may notice a painful sensitivity to bright lights and an unusual fatigue after looking at a computer screen for several hours. All of these symptoms are markers of one simple deficiency.
A steaming cup of tea is an image that evokes feelings of comfort and well-being in almost any culture. Europe favors traditional black teas, India has chai, and in South America, they love yerba mate. Besides its aromatic and comforting qualities, however, what can herbal teas do for your health?
Skin problems abound during winter. Dry, cold air, blistering winds, and a constant barrage of indoor heaters are bound to dry out the skin and intensify conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Don’t despair just yet, however. There are some simple ways to protect the skin from winter ravages and rejuvenate it in time for spring.
Have you eaten out lately? A typical restaurant meal may include a large steak with a salad, potatoes or rice, and a bread roll. It sounds delicious, but what is the overall nutritional takeaway from this meal?
In last week’s article, we covered the problems associated with protein deficiency and listed out how much protein the average person should be eating. All proteins are not created equal, however; how does one determine which proteins are most useful to the body?
Your body is made up of thousands of minerals, elements, vitamins, and enzymes, but there is one nutrient that makes a powerful contribution in the formulation and function of almost every body part. Have you guessed what it is?
In 1954, nutritionist Adelle Davis told us that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Although this idea was accepted widely and repeated by parents for generations, it still remains largely ignored. A recent survey by the NPD Group concluded that 31 million American adults skip breakfast each day. You may ask yourself, […]
Every food giant advertises its “delicious meals” and “high-quality food items” so that you, the consumer, will choose to buy its brand. And, true to their word, some of their food tastes pretty good. But with the globalization and centralization of food, new problems arise.
- Hair Masks Costing a Fortune? Try These All-Natural Recipes at a Fraction of the Cost June 11, 2018
- The Danger of Misdiagnosed Dehydration. May 4, 2018
- 7 Nutritious Foods to Grow in Your Container Garden April 27, 2018
- Natural Dental Care: Age Old Methods for a Healthy Smile April 10, 2018
- 11 Strength-Building Exercises Using Bodyweight Alone April 3, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009