Qi Gong is a system of Eastern medicine that focuses on balancing one’s qi (life energy) through a fusion of meditation, breathing techniques, and movement therapy. When used in combination with other holistic methods, such as acupuncture or Double Helix Water (stable water clusters), this form of Eastern treatment can have a remarkable healing effect on the human body. One more recent application of the system is to reduce the need for long-term drug prescriptions and the side effects that come with them.
Long-Term Pharmaceutical Prescriptions
Ever since Western medicine and Big Pharma began pushing drugs to solve every medical problem known to man, patients are faced with more and more long-term drug prescriptions. There are few or no pharmaceuticals that come without risks and/or side effects, but many people suffer them in silence, because they are under the impression that there are no other options.
For example, a back injury can result in a young, previously-healthy patient being prescribed a lifetime of pain medication. A few years later, not only is the patient addicted to the medication, he or she may start suffering from chronic ulcers and liver damage resulting from the constant barrage of chemicals. Here are a few of the most common long-term drug prescriptions and their side effects:
- More than 255 million prescriptions for lipid regulators (such as Lipitor) were filled in 2010. Long term use can result in liver failure, myopathy, or problems with the tendons.
- Narcotic painkillers were prescribed to over 244,000 people in 2010. Long-term side-effects include addiction and respiratory depression, as well as gastrointestinal ulceration and bleeding.
- In 2010, over 191 million prescriptions were filled for beta-blockers. Long-term use of beta-blockers could cause weight-gain, inability to exercise, severe fatigue, dangerously-low blood pressure, and large fluctuations in blood sugar.
- Ace inhibitors (medications prescribed for high blood pressure) were taken by more than 168 million people in 2010, potentially causing a chronic cough, chronic headaches, and dangerously-elevated potassium levels in the blood.
- Over 253 million people were prescribed antidepressants in 2010. This is especially disturbing, since use of antidepressants has been linked not just with extreme weight-gain, sexual dysfunction, severe fatigue, apathy, cognitive impairment, and working memory dysfunction, but also anxiety, agitation, panic attacks, insomnia, irritability, hostility, impulsivity, akathisia (severe restlessness), hypomania, mania, and suicidal thoughts and actions!
How can Holistic Treatments Help?
Holistic therapies treat the body as one whole unit, seeking to improve the balance and relationship between all its parts, rather than just attacking one problem area. Qi Gong helps the patient to achieve a healthy lifestyle and mindset, while treatments with acupuncture or stable water clusters create a healthy flow of qi between all parts of the body. Approaching one’s heath in a holistic manner can improve the well-being of the entire body, often reducing the need for unnatural medications or, at the very least, reducing unpleasant symptoms and side effects.
The results of this approach were recorded in Acupuncture Today. A patient had suffered from severe injury and disease for years. After a bicycle accident that left him with chronic pain, cancer, radiation therapy, and long-term hormone prescriptions from his doctor, the patient was unhappy, weak, and unable to work, he followed an Eastern treatment plan with the results documented over a four-year period.
During the first few months, the patient was treated with external qi healing, a Qi Gong technique in which a trained practitioner uses his/her own qi energy to influence the flow of energy within the patient through touch, acupressure, and other external forces. The result was that the patient felt more energetic and was able to reduce his hormone supplement.
Over a period of three years, the patient followed Qi Gong practices of meditation, breathing exercises, and movement therapy and also followed a healthier diet and lifestyle. The result can be observed through a series of thermal images. Figure 1 shows the patient before beginning treatment. You can see high temperatures in the white, red, and orange colors. These higher temperatures can indicate inflammation and unhealthy conditions. Figure 2, to the right, was taken after three years of Qi Gong therapy. You can see how the temperatures have lowered to healthier yellows and greens, with less hot spots and more symmetry throughout. This demonstrates healthier conditions and an improved flow of qi.
The patient also reported a lessening of pain and of problems with his thyroid gland. He continued to reduce his hormone medication.
During the third phase of treatment, Dr. Lin Yo introduced the patient to Double Helix Water. After drinking the stable water clusters regularly for four months, the patient reported a full recovery. He completely stopped taking the hormone medication, reporting higher levels of energy and little to no residual pain from his previous injuries. The final thermal image, Figure 3, was taken at the end of his treatment, almost four years after they began at Phase 1. You can see the difference between this image and Figure 1. There are no white hot or red spots; the entire image shows healthier temperatures and body symmetry.
Hundreds of millions of people are currently taking long-term drug prescriptions today, causing untold harm to their organs and cognitive functions. Imagine the pain and suffering that could be prevented if more of them were aware of holistic alternatives.
There are many ways to improve your own holistic wellness, from Qi Gong techniques to herbal therapy or stable water clusters. Living Clean offers many natural remedies in their store. You can also learn more about Eastern medicine: