A steaming cup of tea is an image that evokes feelings of comfort and well-being in almost any culture. Europe favors traditional black teas, India has chai, and in South America, they love yerba mate. Besides its aromatic and comforting qualities, however, what can herbal teas do for your health?
The idea of a digestive cleanse is often associated with intense dietary regimens that require little to no eating. Many think of a cleanse as a way to lose weight quickly, but the benefits of detoxifying and purifying the body go far beyond weight loss. If strict cleanses and diets are not your thing, there […]
Can you think of an herb that comes as a roll-on, a mist, and a tincture? This common plant can help with arthritis, headaches, digestive ailments, and the common cold, yet most people only consider it a flavor. Have you guessed yet?
Although the restorative properties of this herb have long been claimed by herbalists, a host of scientific studies in the past several years have revealed an astonishing array of health benefits to be found within its leaves.
There’s no magic pill that will eradicate the sniffles and sneezes this flu season, but there is an herb that may help your body fight off viruses and recover more quickly. This particular flower has been used for centuries to boost the immune system and naturally fend off viruses and bacteria.
With so many herbal preparations to choose between, from teas and tinctures to capsules and oils, the terminology can become confusing. Today we’re going to unravel the mysterious language of herbology.
Q: How much of the Shakti Chai Powerboost and Shakti Chai Decaf tea blends are made up of adaptogens? A: Adaptations make up about 15% of the tea blend, which is a 10:1 or 10x concentrate – altogether a very potent mixture. In addition to the 17 adaptogens within Shakti Chai, the tea also contains […]
Cultivated and harvested deep in the Amazon rain forests, guarana is the primary ingredient in many favorite soft drinks of Brazil. Like many other adaptogens, the plant has been consumed for its therapeutic properties in South America for centuries. Once again, the indigenous shamans of the Amazonian wilds had the right idea; guarana is in […]
- The Danger of Misdiagnosed Dehydration. May 4, 2018
- 7 Nutritious Foods to Grow in Your Container Garden April 27, 2018
- Natural Dental Care: Age Old Methods for a Healthy Smile April 10, 2018
- 11 Strength-Building Exercises Using Bodyweight Alone April 3, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: All-Natural Tips and Tricks to Make Your Home a Happy and Healthy Place March 21, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009