Pharmaceutical companies and producers of antacid medications often promote the idea that indigestion and stomach ailments are associated with too much acidity in the stomach, when in fact, the opposite is often true. Contrary to common belief, many digestive problems are caused by acidity levels that are too low. Your digestion can actually be improved in many ways by increasing the amount of hydrochloric acid (HCL) in the stomach.
The Role of Acidic Compounds in Digestion
In order for your body to properly digest foods, the stomach should have a pH balance of about 2 (very acid), which requires a proper level of HCL, which performs a wide range of digestive functions:
- Rendering the stomach sterile of most pathogens
- Encouraging the flow of bile and pancreatic enzymes
- Preventing the overgrowth of bacteria and fungal organisms in the small intestine
- Assisting in the digestion of proteins
- Assisting in the absorption of many important nutrients
Symptoms of Low Gastric Acidity
While many believe that digestive disorders stem from high acidity levels, it is actually low acidity levels that lead to the overgrowth of bacteria and fungal matter throughout the digestive system. This bacterial overgrowth and the incomplete digestion of food particles attributes to any number of uncomfortable digestive problems. Deficiencies in HCL levels can be caused by many factors, such as aging or poor diet, but the indicators are usually pretty clear:
- Food allergies
These symptoms are not only painful; they can eventually lead to serious health complications, like anemia, osteoporosis, or skin disease. If you suffer from some of these danger signs, you may be able to resolve them naturally with a simple HCL supplement.
How to Supplement
Adding an all-natural HCL supplement to your diet could quickly treat many of your digestive woes by restoring a healthy pH balance in your stomach, which will help you to digest your food effectively. Since the substance already occurs naturally in the human body, it causes no ill effects when used as directed. Supplementing your diet with HCL is simple:
- Add as much as 45 drops of HCL solution to your food and mix well. Alternately, use the encapsulated hydrochloric acid.
- Do not place the liquid HCL directly into your mouth.
That’s it! One simple step could be the solution to your digestive discomfort and will help your body to absorb more nutrients from your food. Find all-natural hydrochloric acid supplements in the Living Clean store, or read more about achieving healthy digestion:
- Reduce Heartburn and Indigestion with All-Natural Enzymes
- Alkaline Minerals for a Healthy pH Balance
- The Health Benefits of a Body Cleanse and Detoxification