Despite thousands of years of medical research and discovery, there is still no known cure for the common cold. The best that most physicians can offer is a variety of pharmaceuticals to mask the unpleasant symptoms of the cold while the human body fights off the virus on its own. Unfortunately, most of these medicines come with a host of side effects from severe drowsiness and headaches to anxiety. Why not look beyond the mere symptoms of the cold and, instead, help your body combat the illness itself? That is exactly the approach that many alternative medicine solutions take.
How it Works
While some holistic remedies can help relieve the symptoms of a cold, they mainly work to repair and fortify the body as a whole. According to proponents of meridian theory, every major system and organ in the body is intricately connected through a series of energy pathways, called meridians. Along these pathways, the body’s life energy – or qi energy – flows. This flow of energy can be disrupted by many factors, such as illness, stress, or pain. The goal of many alternative treatments is to stimulate and repair the flow of qi energy, and this helps the entire body to repair, heal, and achieve an overall condition of wellness.
While meridian theories may sound far-fetched to some, more and more scientific evidence is confirming its validity. For instance, currents of bio-electromagnetic energy have been found along meridian pathways and at acupoints. This current is affected when manipulated by methods such as acupuncture or by Double Helix Water. Methods of qi-energy stimulation have been used to treat hundreds of conditions, such as migraine headaches, chronic pain, cancer, and the common cold.
In fact, according to the Journal of Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine, patients who receive holistic treatment on a regular basis have clinically been shown to:
- Exhibit a higher resistance to cold and flu viruses
- Succumb to cold symptoms much more slowly
- Recover from colds faster
Alternative Healing Methods
There are many holistic treatments you can employ to help prevent and treat colds. Some of the most popular include:
- Acupuncture – An ancient technique in which tiny needles are inserted along meridians and at acupoints to improve the flow of qi energy.
- Double Helix Water – Also known as stable water clusters, this newly-discovered phase of water has been shown to have a positive impact on the flow of qi energy and the total wellness of the human body.
- Herbal remedies – There are a wide range of gentle and time-tested herbs that can treat both the symptoms of colds and the overall body.
- Nutrition – Give your body the building blocks it needs to build and repair, to fight off invaders, and to keep itself running smoothly.
Since alternative methods such as these are natural and safe, you can also combine them in any number of ways. For instance, Golden Lotus Herbs combines the power of ancient herbal remedies with stable water clusters in their combo pack, Lung and Throat Drops plus Double Helix Water Throat Spray.
Browse Living Clean‘s supply of all-natural cold and flu remedies, or learn more about alternative medicine:
- Alternative Medicine as Treatment for Cancer and Brain Tumors
- Reducing Side Effects and Dosages of Long-term Drugs through Eastern Medicine
Leave A Comment