You’d be surprised how much heat is lost in the heating pipes and ducts running around your home. Easily, one of the most energy-efficient ways to save on costs is with simple fiberglass duct insulation.
Taking you back to high school shop class, here’s how to make your own wind turbine blades out of wood. The wood base easily picked up at any home building store (or heck, from fallen trees in the nearby forest), wood turbines are a more affordable option for a do-it-yourselfer as you can measure and […]
This simple solar robot project utilizes a solar engine circuit. The small solar cell can’t generate enough power to move the motor, so what the miniball does is store the power in a capacitor.
If you live in a place where the wind is blowing most of the time, then you could harness it to generate electricity. One way to do so is through a home-built wind generator.
A tubular skylight, or solar tube, is a device which can provide natural light for rooms that don’t have windows. What it does is to collect sunlight on the roof and bring it into the room using a reflective tube. This is ideal for dark kitchens, hallways, and bathrooms.
There are many solar pool heater kits available in the market these days. These cost between $3,000 to $4,000 for the materials and labor. In terms of recouping your initial investment, you could probably get your money’s worth in energy savings, within two to seven years. This all depends on the fuel costs in your […]
- The Danger of Misdiagnosed Dehydration. May 4, 2018
- 7 Nutritious Foods to Grow in Your Container Garden April 27, 2018
- Natural Dental Care: Age Old Methods for a Healthy Smile April 10, 2018
- 11 Strength-Building Exercises Using Bodyweight Alone April 3, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: All-Natural Tips and Tricks to Make Your Home a Happy and Healthy Place March 21, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009