4-fluid-ounce bottle of liquid white iodine, in the form of potassium iodide. Some of the uses include:
- -Supplementing the iodine used by the thyroid gland
- -Preventing ill effects from exposure to radiation
- -As an expectorant to help clear mucous from the lungs
- -As a non-staining topical antiseptic
- -As an aid to hair growth
Out of stock
Liquid white iodine, in the form of potassium iodide, may be used to supplement the iodine used by the thyroid gland, to prevent ill effects from exposure to radiation, as an expectorant to help clear mucous from the lungs, as a non-staining topical antiseptic, or even as an aid to hair growth!
The thyroid gland needs sufficient iodine to make the hormones that regulate metabolism and play a key role in human growth and development. An under-active or over-active thyroid may result from a deficiency and show up in the form of fatigue, weight gain or loss, dry skin, or an enlarged thyroid (aka goiter).
Potassium iodide can be taken to prevent ill effects from exposure to radiation. It reduces the levels of radioactive iodine accumulated in the thyroid. The thyroid gland cannot distinguish between the safe, stable form of iodine and radioactive iodine; the gland absorbs both. Flooding the body with non-radioactive iodine aids in preventing the absorption of radioactive iodine.
- Potassium iodide can also be used as an expectorant, making it easier to cough up mucous and clear the airways. For this reason, it may help with pulmonary conditions such as asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema.*
- Externally, white iodine can be used as a topical antiseptic. It will not stain your skin or clothing like darker iodine solutions. Apply it to cuts, burns, and insect bites to prevent infection.
- Applying white iodine to the scalp encourages hair growth, and when applied to the nails, it can help strengthen weak, brittle nails.
Rest assured that all Dr. Clark Store products are completely free of contaminants and additives due to strict purity control protocols.