If you’re one of those people who doesn’t feel quite human until your second cup of coffee, you could be drinking too much of the potent beverage, according to a recent study by Mayo Clinic. You may benefit by finding an alternative energy booster that doesn’t come packed with as much caffeine or the potential health risks. We’ve done the research for you and put together a list of herbal solutions that can revive your energy while also improving health and vitality.
Herbal Energy Fortifiers
There are many herbs and spices that can increase energy levels and improve endurance; some of them even contain moderate levels of the caffeine that gives coffee its kick. The advantage of herbal beverages over other caffeinated drinks is that they can boost your mood and vitality with a variety of vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. Here are a few key energy-packed herbs to look for:
- Maca root is an ancient South American tuber that contains loads of B vitamins (the “energy vitamins”) and all of the essential amino acids. As an added benefit, maca root is famous for balancing out hormone levels, and this can improve both energy and libido.
- Yerba mate provides a unique combination of vitamins and minerals that can increase mental focus and physical endurance; it can also boost the immune system. Yerba mate has even more antioxidants than green tea and contains low levels of energy-stimulating caffeine.
- Chai spices, a blend of spices such as cardamom, cinnamon, and ginger, is known for stimulating metabolism and helping the body to better extract energy from the foods it digests. These spices have the added benefit of softening the effects of caffeine in tea or herbal beverages by balancing the release of energy into cells.
- Chicory is an herbal root that improves digestion, soothes intestinal disorders, and promotes liver health. Since fatigue is often caused by digestive problems, chicory can reduce fatigue and increase energy.
- Guarana is an herb originally found in the Amazon Rainforest. It has been shown to increase mental awareness, fight fatigue, and improve reaction times in certain situations. This natural source of caffeine has also been touted as a mild pain reliever.
How to Use Energy-Boosting Herbs
Dried or powdered forms of these herbs can be added in measured quantities to water, tea, or other beverages in order to enjoy their curative effects. It can be difficult, however, to find them in a natural, unprocessed form. Living Clean offers a variety of teas and herbal tonics by Golden Lotus Botanicals that contain many of these energy-enhancing herbs. Browse our store for chai herbal preparations such as Maca Jahva Chai with Mate or Shakti Chai PowerBoost. You can also learn more about herbal remedies on the Living Clean Blog:
- Are Herbal Tinctures More Powerful than Vitamins and Supplements?
- Five Ancient Herbal Remedies that Actually Work
Leave A Comment