Growing season is almost upon us and for some, it is not as long as we’d like it to be. Get a head start by preparing your garden and seedlings now. Find some ideas for the most common types of gardens.
Yakitori is a dish originating in Japan, commonly made with pieces of chicken that are skewered and then cooked on a grill.
Not too many people would actually turn down organic fruits and vegetables, saying they would rather have the kind produced at factory farms and hosed down with pesticides. No, that’s not the issue. Price is. The most important fruits and vegetables to buy or grow organic are the most toxic ones, the Dirty Dozen.
You may have heard something about “white roofs” in the news, but you may not know how they can help our planet, or a maintenance budget. Most all of the commercial buildings in the world use black roofs. Because they are black, they soak up the sun’s energy like a sponge.
Establishing and utilizing a home greenhouse is an excellent way to save money on groceries, follow a healthier and more nutritious diet, conserve on energy, and help the environment at the same time. But greenhouses don’t grow on trees – they have to be built. Not all of us have a professional builder in the […]
Legal disclosure: Any links to Amazon on this page are sponsored links. There are over 20,000 wild edible plants growing in the United States and Canada. They vary by geographical area, habitat, harvest season, ease of harvest, type of food provided, preparation procedures, whether eaten raw, cooked, or as an ingredient in recipes, whether they […]
Increased consumption of sugar per person over the last century is huge. In 1900 it was seven pounds per person per year and today the average is around 220 pounds. Directly related to the consumption of sugar and simple carbohydrates (which change to sugar in the body) are diseases such as obesity, hypoglycemia, and diabetes. […]
Cabbage is a strong and easy to grow vegetable. It inexpensive, and is found in almost all parts of the world. Cabbage has been known throughout the ages, both for its nutritional values, and for its medicinal values. It has recently become recognized that it can reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer (such […]
- The Danger of Misdiagnosed Dehydration. May 4, 2018
- 7 Nutritious Foods to Grow in Your Container Garden April 27, 2018
- Natural Dental Care: Age Old Methods for a Healthy Smile April 10, 2018
- 11 Strength-Building Exercises Using Bodyweight Alone April 3, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: All-Natural Tips and Tricks to Make Your Home a Happy and Healthy Place March 21, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009