Do-It-Yourself (DIY) solar projects are simple to do but you still need some skills to complete them; as there are some people who have difficulty in building things from scratch. Here are the three skills required for DIY solar projects.
This simple solar robot project utilizes a solar engine circuit. The small solar cell can’t generate enough power to move the motor, so what the miniball does is store the power in a capacitor.
If you live in a place where the wind is blowing most of the time, then you could harness it to generate electricity. One way to do so is through a home-built wind generator.
Solar hot water systems can provide your home with free hot water and are much cheaper than outsourcing the job to a professional contractor.
RV solar panels can work wonders for your recreational vehicle. You don’t need to worry about the location of the nearest RV park to charge your batteries during a trip, so installing RV solar panels gives you more freedom on the road.
This DIY article will teach you how to make a small solar panel that can charge two AA rechargeable batteries or power small DC electronic devices.
Even small satellite dishes can be made into a solar powered stove. If using a smaller dish, CDs might not produce the required amount of heat, so you can use stick-on mirrors instead. You can re-purpose your beaten-down satellite dish and make something environmentally friendly and economical in one fell swoop!
Let us take a break from all the DIY projects for now and learn of the story of a teenager from Malawi, who harnessed the power of the wind by building windmills out of junk. At present, William Kamkwamba has high-profile fans, such as Al Gore and other business leaders, all over the world.
- The Danger of Misdiagnosed Dehydration. May 4, 2018
- 7 Nutritious Foods to Grow in Your Container Garden April 27, 2018
- Natural Dental Care: Age Old Methods for a Healthy Smile April 10, 2018
- 11 Strength-Building Exercises Using Bodyweight Alone April 3, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: All-Natural Tips and Tricks to Make Your Home a Happy and Healthy Place March 21, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009