You’re a smart consumer, and we’re betting you don’t jump on every beauty bandwagon that drives by. There is one big trend for hair and skin health, however, that has a base in true facts. The trick is sifting through the propaganda to find quality products that incorporate authentic, effective ingredients.
You’ve probably heard of this miraculous oil that is most-commonly derived from argan nuts in Morocco. In recent years, argan oil has begun popping up in popular soaps, lotions, and hair products from many mainstream brands – with good reason. The rich oil does exhibit some remarkable components that can promote skin and hair health:
- Loads of Vitamin E: Gamma tocopherol is a lipid-soluble form of Vitamin E that provides easily-metabolized nutrition to both skin and hair.
- Vitamin A: Required for cell growth and replenishment, this antioxidant can also neutralize free radicals and slow the aging process.
- Fatty acids: Both oleic and linoleic fatty acids play different roles in skin and hair regeneration, healing, and moisture retention.
- Squalene and sterols: Although very different in composition, both of these organic compounds have been shown to exhibit anti-carcinogenic properties.
All of the rich nutrients listed above come together in a unique and powerful oil that can work wonders for both skin and hair. Some of these benefits include:
- Penetrating nutrition and moisture-retention for the skin
- Visible anti-aging effects
- Improved scalp and hair-follicle health
- Reduced acne and acne scars
- Softer, shinier hair texture
- Strengthened nails and cuticles
- Reduced inflammation of the skin
- Improved appearance of scars
Where to Look
Argan oil is no secret. Due to its many verifiable benefits, the oil has become a catch word in the beauty industry, but purchase with care. Products that contain only trace amounts of argan oil, or products that combine it with harmful fillers and solvents may be less than effective. It is important to check your beauty purchases to ensure they use only non-toxic, all-natural ingredients and 100% pure argan oil. Products containing argan oil such as those from Acure Organics are natural and pure for your sensitive skin and hair.
Explore more skin and hair care options in the Living Clean store, or read more about all-natural beauty:
- This 3-Step Plan Will Revitalize Your Face
- The Fragrant Boost Your Overworked Skin Has Been Waiting For