Do you eat a wide variety of raw vegetables each day? Most of us do not, but the habit of cooking all of our food could be depriving us of a vital nutrient – methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM). If you don’t find raw food very appealing, you can easily replenish your body with an all-natural supplement.
Methyl sulfonyl methane is a compound of the sulfur mineral that is created in Earth’s atmosphere when sulfur gasses combine with oxygen. Water in the atmosphere carries the compound to Earth within rain droplets, where it is collected in the soil and absorbed by plant life. Animals, like us, then consume the plants and the sulfur within them. The mineral is not only an important part of the ecosystem, it also plays a vital role within your body.
Although methyl sulfonyl methane can be found easily in a wide variety of plants, it deteriorates rapidly under pressure, such as cooking, freezing, or processing. For this reason, you may not be consuming enough of it with your regular diet.
What Can it Do for You?
Sulfur compounds are the 3rd most common minerals within the human body. They are present in every single cell where they are used to perform hundreds of functions, such as:
- Cell division
- Creation of cartilage and connective tissues
- Protein synthesis
- Neutralization of free radicals
- Immunity and defense mechanisms
- Cellular absorption and excretion of elements
- Maintenance of blood vessels and blood flow
- Carbohydrate metabolism
When you aren’t consuming enough methyl sulfonyl methane, functions such as these will suffer. Your body won’t be able to produce cells and perform at the same level. Since the mineral is used by your body in so many ways, taking supplements can have a number of healthy benefits.
Benefits of Supplementation
Taking methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM) supplements has been shown to improve many health conditions. Some ways that it could improve your health include:
- Increase blood flow, circulation, and permeability in the arteries, therefore improving heart conditions.
- Decrease inflammation and swelling of joint tissues.
- Relieve chronic pain and arthritis symptoms.
- Along with glucosamine, MSM helps to build and heal cartilage and tendons.
- Soften and smooth scar tissue.
- Alleviate digestion problems by improving PH balance in the stomach.
- Relieve symptoms of allergies by blocking histamine receptors.
In addition to these benefits, patients have also taken the mineral to fortify their immune system and even to relieve symptoms of diabetes. Because of the many ways it can be used by our body, the possibilities are endless.
Where Do I Buy MSM?
If you’d like to replenish your body’s stores of methyl sulfonyl methane, you can buy MSM supplements from Living Clean. To learn more about the mineral and its uses, browse our Methyl Sulfonyl Methane Knowledge Base:
- Reducing Health Risks and Inflammation with Methyl Sulfonyl Methane
- The Beauty Mineral: Methyl Sulfonyl Methane for Healthy Skin