Yarrow, one of the best diaphoretic herbs, is known for helping the body during a fever. It contains flavonoids that increase both saliva and stomach acids, thus improving digestion and stimulating the appetite. As a urinary antiseptic, it can be used in the case of cystitis. It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and coagulant and therefore […]
Red Raspberry leaves have a delicious taste, much like black tea, but without the caffeine. Both the leaves and fruit are high in citrate of iron which is alterative and astringent for the reproductive area. Red raspberry tea promotes a safe and speedy childbirth, helping prevent hemorrhage, relieving after-pains, and speeding up recovery from the […]
Nettle is used to support and strengthen the whole body, and this makes it a tonic. It contains high amounts of minerals, such as iron, potassium and silicon, and is high in Vitamin A and C. This makes it a nutritive. It has been used through the ages to treat anemia, debility, weakness and to […]
Saw palmetto is a small palm that grows in the sandy flatlands of the United Stated. It is mainly used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate glands. Prostate enlargement is caused by an inbalance of male hormones in prostate tissue. Saw palmetto reduces inflammation and swelling within the prostate […]
Peppermint is a cross between spearmint and water mint. People are familiar with peppermint because of its menthol flavoring, which is used for candies, teas, and chewing gum. Mint also makes your mouth feel cool because menthol activates cold receptors in our tissues. Less known is that it can also be used to aid people […]
Arnica is a flower to be used externally only, as it may be toxic – even deadly – if taken internally (unless as a weak homeopathic preparation, which has been used for seasickness and post-partum bleeding). One of the ways Arnica acts is as a stimulation to local blood supply, which brings healing blood flow […]
You can use herbal teas to drink, to soak cloths for external application, or even to pour into bath water where it will be absorbed into the body through the skin. The bath method is particularly helpful for the ill, children or to provide an absorption method for bitter tasting teas.
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Supplementing 101: Calcium May Be Detrimental Without the Right Mineral Balance September 5, 2017
- What is Complete Nutrition? August 30, 2017
- Misleading Food Studies August 29, 2017
- This Is One Beauty Trend That Actually Works August 24, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....