The idea of a digestive cleanse is often associated with intense dietary regimens that require little to no eating. Many think of a cleanse as a way to lose weight quickly, but the benefits of detoxifying and purifying the body go far beyond weight loss. If strict cleanses and diets are not your thing, there […]
With so many herbal preparations to choose between, from teas and tinctures to capsules and oils, the terminology can become confusing. Today we’re going to unravel the mysterious language of herbology.
Q: How much of the Shakti Chai Powerboost and Shakti Chai Decaf tea blends are made up of adaptogens? A: Adaptations make up about 15% of the tea blend, which is a 10:1 or 10x concentrate – altogether a very potent mixture. In addition to the 17 adaptogens within Shakti Chai, the tea also contains […]
As awareness of this civilization’s impact on the environment increases, people are becoming more willing to accept clean lifestyles, than ever before. But some aren’t exactly sure where to begin.
Image via Wikipedia There are over 20,000 wild edible plants growing in the United States and Canada. They vary by geographical area, habitat, harvest season, ease of harvest, type of food provided, preparation procedures, whether eaten raw, cooked, or as an ingredient in recipes, whether they are eaten when young or mature, taste, ease of […]
Image via Wikipedia Here’s an old family recipe for pie without sugar. It also contains NO toxic sugar substitutes. What’s the secret? The apples! Most apple pies are made with green apples, such as Granny Smith. However, if you want to add no sugar, you need a sweeter apple and you need to add some […]
Myrrh is an antiseptic often used in gargles, mouthwashes and toothpastes to treat gum diseases, gingivitis, mouth ulcers, pharyngitis, and sinusitis. It is also found in healing salves and liniments to be applied to minor skin ailments and abrasions. Myrhh works against infections in two ways. It has direct antimicrobial properties, killing microbes, and it […]
Creating your own aromatherapy recipes can be a soothing and enjoyable task. Before you start, there are four areas of precaution to be aware of: Cinnamon, clove, hyssop, and sage are not suitable essential oils for home use. Basil, clove, cinnamon, fennel, hyssop, juniper, marjoram, myrrh, peppermint, rosemary, sage, and white thyme are some of […]
- How is Health Lost and Regained? August 16, 2017
- The Food Industry and its Conflicts of Interest August 15, 2017
- Why Calorie Counting is Bad for Your Health August 14, 2017
- Don’t Let Drab Skin Define You! This 3-Step Plan Will Revitalize Your Face August 14, 2017
- Yes, You Eat, but Are You Receiving Enough Nutrients from Your Food? August 4, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....