Solar hot water systems can provide your home with free hot water and are much cheaper than outsourcing the job to a professional contractor.
People are investing in DIY solar water heating systems in order to save money, but what they often don’t know is that there are different types of solar water heating systems that can be classified as passive or active.
To fully maximize your DIY solar heating systems, you must know the right tilt angle and orientation. These two factors are important to ensure that your solar collectors receive the maximum amount of solar energy throughout the year.
An MTD (modified trickle down) solar heating system is a good DIY project because it uses less expensive materials, and because of its simplicity to build. It heats water directly, instead of using absorber plates or flow tubes. It uses the same concept as Harry E. Thompson’s Trickle Down Solar Roof. With a MTD solar […]
If you are looking for a good way to conserve on energy or costs associated with heating your pool, but don’t want to invest in a complete commercial installation, a DIY solar pool heater is one option you can try.
As covered in our last post, the installation of a solar pool heater depends on various factors, such as the climate of an area, the area’s solar resource, safety issues, and local building code requirements. You might have to look for a certified solar heater contractor to install your pool heating system. Such a contractor […]
The first impression people get, with regards to DIY solar heating, is that it is complicated, too expensive, or both. This is the primary reason why many people don’t pursue installation of solar heating in their homes. What they often don’t know is that DIY thermal projects, such as water heating, space heating, and […]
Solar hot water heating systems are an effective way of conserving energy and reducing your energy bill. Contrary to popular belief, solar water heating is not a new technology. Solar water heating systems have been used commercially for over a century now, with the first commercial water heater (the Climax Solar-Water Heater) going on sale […]
- How is Health Lost and Regained? August 16, 2017
- The Food Industry and its Conflicts of Interest August 15, 2017
- Why Calorie Counting is Bad for Your Health August 14, 2017
- Don’t Let Drab Skin Define You! This 3-Step Plan Will Revitalize Your Face August 14, 2017
- Yes, You Eat, but Are You Receiving Enough Nutrients from Your Food? August 4, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....