Water covers well over 70% of the Earth’s surface, yet somehow, this simple substance is vital to the continuation of animals, plants, and humans alike. As well, water can also be used as a good source of electricity, it can be harnessed to generate energy for a community. Hydro alternative energy is caused by the […]
Google recently announced that it recently signed a power purchase agreement for wind energy in Oklahoma. This is the company’s second PPA within the year. Last July it signed a PPA with NextEra Energy Resources to buy clean wind energy to power its data centers in Iowa.
With the current state of our economies and also global warming, we ALL need to do whatever we can to help conserve our resources. I am referring to finances, food and energy resources. I am writing about alternative energy sources we can use. The alternative energy I am discussing today is Solar Energy. Solar Energy […]
While solar and wind power are already established alternative energy sources, biomass power is not used as much. But things will be changing in favor of biomass, what with the various biomass power plants rising up in different parts of the nation.
In many countries today, quite a lot is being said about harnessing renewable energy technologies – particularly in light of the rising oil prices. But some people might still be wondering exactly what renewable energy is. Renewable energy is power which has been generated from renewable resources – in other words, it does not “run […]
The use of the sun to create energy, whether in the form of heat or electricity, is not new. Solar energy has been in use for many centuries. The following is a brief overview of the history of solar power. History of Solar Power in the Ancient World The Assyrians may have been the first […]
Power generated by flowing water is referred to as “hydroelectric energy.” This principle has been used by man, throughout history. It was utilized in ancient times, to mill grains such as corn. In 1878, the Cragside House in England was the first house to be lit by this process. In 1882, hydroelectric energy was used […]
Geothermal Energy is created by harnessing heat which flows from within the Earth. The term “geothermal” is derived from the Greek words “geo,” meaning “earth,” and “thermos,” or “heat.” How does Geothermal Energy Work? Hot water or steam from within the earth can be used to heat establishments, or to produce electricity. It is one […]
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Supplementing 101: Calcium May Be Detrimental Without the Right Mineral Balance September 5, 2017
- What is Complete Nutrition? August 30, 2017
- Misleading Food Studies August 29, 2017
- This Is One Beauty Trend That Actually Works August 24, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....