PH balance is not something you hear about very often from physicians or the media, but it is incredibly important to your long-term health. When the balance of acid and alkaline are disrupted, your entire body can be affected, especially the kidneys, bones, and muscles.
Minerals we consume in our daily diet aren’t actually rocks, but some of them are not that different from “rocks” in a technical sense! Minerals are inorganic elements that occur naturally in our environment. A rock, on the other hand, is often a combination of multiple minerals that have been crystallized and compressed over time. […]
Aloe has hundreds of uses including the ability to ease the pain of burns (including sunburn) and insect bites, and to speed the healing process. The polysaccharides in aloe are responsible for stimulating skin repair and growth. In addition to the external skin, it aids all the mucous membranes inside the body. It is one […]
Nettle is used to support and strengthen the whole body, and this makes it a tonic. It contains high amounts of minerals, such as iron, potassium and silicon, and is high in Vitamin A and C. This makes it a nutritive. It has been used through the ages to treat anemia, debility, weakness and to […]
Horsetail is probably the most abundant source of silicon among plants. One practical use of the herb is for polishing pewter, which contains tin and lead. In the field of herbology, horsetail acts as a mild diuretic and astringent for the genito-urinary tract. The astringency makes it invaluable in cases of incontinence and bed-wetting. It […]
Dandelion is a bitter tonic that’s known for its detoxifying effects. It helps eliminate toxins, pollutants and wastes from the kidney and liver. Blood and tissues are cleansed in the process. The bitter root and leaves also help the digestive system. Dandelion may be used in the treatment of liver diseases, such as hepatitis and […]
“Antibiotic” is a confusing label. “Anti” means “against” and “biotic” means “life.” Pharmaceutical antibiotics such as penicillin or tetracycline are active against the life of some bacteria (only some, since many strains of bacteria have learned to survive around these substances). They are not active against viruses. They are active against the beneficial bacteria that […]
Last night, I was staying with my daughter’s family. After we’d all retired, my grandson started coughing and coughing. It went on and on. He’d caught a cold. I poked around in the kitchen and found some old, crystallized honey and a squeeze bottle of lemon juice. I managed to liquify enough honey to get […]
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Baked Squash with Apples, Raisins, and Nuts December 5, 2017
- Now you Know How Much Protein you Need, but which Sources are Best? November 3, 2017
- Are You Shrinking? This Dangerous Deficiency Could Leave You Feeling Small September 29, 2017
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....