If you were to peek inside the pack of an ancient medicine man, you would likely find scores of dried herbs and tinctures, many of which were carefully gathered from local forest areas. Although some common remedies were not effective (the age-old practice of “blood-letting,” for example), many of their natural herbs were very beneficial. […]
Toenails are such frequent targets of fungal infection, that this ailment is among the most common in the world. Because the fungus is more likely to grow in dark and damp places, feet and toenails are particularly susceptible. Vinegar is often the home remedy most readily available to address this problem.
Author: HomeopathyHomeStudy Added: August 18, 2009
Western drugs may give quick relief to the acne sufferer but they are not without side effects. Alternative or complementary medicine for the treatment of acne possesses similar therapeutic properties as those found in Western medicine, while having much less potential for dangerous side effects. Alternative medicine can be used either as an alternative to […]
The plant Aloe, which is a native species of Africa, has been used for several years as a medicinal plant. Aloe Vera is derived from a species of Aloe plant that also grows in Africa. You will find Aloe Vera is has green, thick leaves with a yellow tubular carapace that grows off the leaves. […]
Cayenne is used both as medicine and food. There are different varieties of cayenne peppers, and they all contain capsaicin in different amounts. Capsaicin gives the peppers a hot and spicy taste, by switching on the same nerve ending that switches on when you’re feeling heat greater than 110 degrees F. As a medicine, it […]
Ginger is commonly available everywhere in the world. People use it both as food and medicine. It has pungent qualities and 24 distinct anti-inflammatory compounds, making it useful as medicine. It stimulates the heart and blood circulation. It is recommended for those suffering from chilblains, bad circulation and cramps. Ginger can also be used as […]
Legal disclosure: Any links to Amazon on this page are sponsored links. In World Without End, the sequel to The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett immerses the reader in the England of the fourteenth century and the Black Death, the plague that killed off something like half of England as well as decimating the […]
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Baked Squash with Apples, Raisins, and Nuts December 5, 2017
- Now you Know How Much Protein you Need, but which Sources are Best? November 3, 2017
- Are You Shrinking? This Dangerous Deficiency Could Leave You Feeling Small September 29, 2017
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....