Today, more people than ever suffer from the effects of poor diet and exercise. The processed, high-fat foods that are so common to our culture continue to wreak havoc on the health of millions. While many realize that diabetes and high blood pressure are common risks of obesity and an unhealthy lifestyle, the risks of […]
Cayenne is used both as medicine and food. There are different varieties of cayenne peppers, and they all contain capsaicin in different amounts. Capsaicin gives the peppers a hot and spicy taste, by switching on the same nerve ending that switches on when you’re feeling heat greater than 110 degrees F. As a medicine, it […]
Nettle is used to support and strengthen the whole body, and this makes it a tonic. It contains high amounts of minerals, such as iron, potassium and silicon, and is high in Vitamin A and C. This makes it a nutritive. It has been used through the ages to treat anemia, debility, weakness and to […]
Horsetail is probably the most abundant source of silicon among plants. One practical use of the herb is for polishing pewter, which contains tin and lead. In the field of herbology, horsetail acts as a mild diuretic and astringent for the genito-urinary tract. The astringency makes it invaluable in cases of incontinence and bed-wetting. It […]
Parsley leaves are used as garnish and condiment and are included in many recipes. It is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as many other nutrients. Parsley is used as a diuretic, helping the body to release excess water. Increased urine production can also wash out toxins; and this aids in the treatment […]
Dandelion is a bitter tonic that’s known for its detoxifying effects. It helps eliminate toxins, pollutants and wastes from the kidney and liver. Blood and tissues are cleansed in the process. The bitter root and leaves also help the digestive system. Dandelion may be used in the treatment of liver diseases, such as hepatitis and […]
Uva ursi has been used by the Native Americans since the second century as a remedy for urinary tract infections. It contains hydroquinone, a chemical that has antibacterial properties. It also contains tannins, which have astringent properties that aid in the reduction of inflammation and toning of the bladder. It is also effective against bacteria […]
- Now you Know How Much Protein you Need, but which Sources are Best? November 3, 2017
- Are You Shrinking? This Dangerous Deficiency Could Leave You Feeling Small September 29, 2017
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Supplementing 101: Calcium May Be Detrimental Without the Right Mineral Balance September 5, 2017
- What is Complete Nutrition? August 30, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....