I’ve come across some recent blog posts which give very good explanations and first-hand experience regarding some of the safety issues connected with hypermiling. I also notice that no one is really saying not to hypermile, but they are saying to hypermile safely.
While some rant and rave about the dangers and risks of hypermiling (referring to unsafe tactics that are used by some insane drivers), sensible and ethical hypermilers continue going calmly about their work to get better gas mileage.
The subject of “hypermiling” (techniques to reduce fuel consumption and combat high gas prices) has become increasingly discussed, promoted, and debated in the online world. Hypermiling techniques are methods of reducing your vehicle’s fuel consumption while driving and saving money on gasoline. Obviously these techniques are becoming more broadly applied (and contested) as gas prices […]
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Chilly Out? Crucial Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe in Frigid Temperatures January 31, 2018
- New Year, New Home, New You! 5 Houseplants That Can Improve Your Health January 23, 2018
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Baked Squash with Apples, Raisins, and Nuts December 5, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009