Onions have been used as food since ancient times. They are documented to have been eaten in Egypt around 3,000 BC. They have antimicrobial properties that are effective against salmonella and E. coli. They are anti-allergenic due to the quercetin content, which is especially potent because of being absorbed quickly into the lining of the […]
First of all one should remember the he or she is not the only one who has had an attack of acne. There are a multitude of individuals, a good number of them in their teens, are faced with acne problems. For sure, acne can be treated to bring back the skin to its original […]
Increased consumption of sugar per person over the last century is huge. In 1900 it was seven pounds per person per year and today the average is around 220 pounds. Directly related to the consumption of sugar and simple carbohydrates (which change to sugar in the body) are diseases such as obesity, hypoglycemia, and diabetes. […]
Ginger is commonly available everywhere in the world. People use it both as food and medicine. It has pungent qualities and 24 distinct anti-inflammatory compounds, making it useful as medicine. It stimulates the heart and blood circulation. It is recommended for those suffering from chilblains, bad circulation and cramps. Ginger can also be used as […]
In World Without End, the sequel to The Pillars of the Earth, Ken Follett immerses the reader in the England of the fourteenth century and the Black Death, the plague that killed off something like half of England as well as decimating the population of Europe. At this time, medicine was mainly in the hands […]
You can use herbal teas to drink, to soak cloths for external application, or even to pour into bath water where it will be absorbed into the body through the skin. The bath method is particularly helpful for the ill, children or to provide an absorption method for bitter tasting teas.
In Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon, there are three intriguing references to remedies of the time (1757). In the novel, there is need for an antidote to mercury, which was the usual treatment for syphilis. The antidote given was copius amounts of raw egg white, which is still used today as […]
Last night, I was staying with my daughter’s family. After we’d all retired, my grandson started coughing and coughing. It went on and on. He’d caught a cold. I poked around in the kitchen and found some old, crystallized honey and a squeeze bottle of lemon juice. I managed to liquify enough honey to get […]
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Supplementing 101: Calcium May Be Detrimental Without the Right Mineral Balance September 5, 2017
- What is Complete Nutrition? August 30, 2017
- Misleading Food Studies August 29, 2017
- This Is One Beauty Trend That Actually Works August 24, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....