Growing season is almost upon us and for some, it is not as long as we’d like it to be. Get a head start by preparing your garden and seedlings now. Find some ideas for the most common types of gardens.
Roof gardens are built for both their aesthetic and their functional values. A roof garden can provide temperature control, architectural enhancement, hydrological benefits, and of course food. It can also serve as a habitat for wildlife.
Growing plants indoors can be an enjoyable hobby, but it will require some time and commitment, and you will need to know the proper soil, lighting and temperature for the plant you wish to grow. There are also several various ways of growing pot plants.
Vegetation blankets can be used to create green roofs, but they aren’t limited to just that. A vegetation blanket consists of a layer of fiber covered in a substrate on which plant life can live; with various plant species growing on it.
Detroit – also referred to as “the city in ruins,” is shrinking. Vast areas of land have remained unused and unwanted, and no one seems to be too interested in taking over – besides nature, that is.
As awareness of this civilization’s impact on the environment increases, people are becoming more willing to accept clean lifestyles, than ever before. But some aren’t exactly sure where to begin.
Establishing and utilizing a home greenhouse is an excellent way to save money on groceries, follow a healthier and more nutritious diet, conserve on energy, and help the environment at the same time. But greenhouses don’t grow on trees – they have to be built.
Establishing and utilizing a home greenhouse is an excellent way to save money on groceries, follow a healthier and more nutritious diet, conserve on energy, and help the environment at the same time. But greenhouses don’t grow on trees – they have to be built. Not all of us have a professional builder in the […]
- Night Vision Deteriorating? This May Be the Reason Why March 20, 2018
- 7 Delish Herbal Teas That Can Boost Your Health March 14, 2018
- Are some Genetic Disorders Disguised Nutritional Deficiencies? March 6, 2018
- Spring Is Creeping Up; Is Your Garden Ready? February 23, 2018
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009