One man’s trash is another man’s solar water heater! By using household junk, most of which you can get for free at the local landfill, you can make your own thermal water heater for less than the price of a fast food meal.
People are investing in DIY solar water heating systems in order to save money, but what they often don’t know is that there are different types of solar water heating systems that can be classified as passive or active.
To fully maximize your DIY solar heating systems, you must know the right tilt angle and orientation. These two factors are important to ensure that your solar collectors receive the maximum amount of solar energy throughout the year.
A parabolic trough is used to reflect direct solar radiation towards a pipe that contains a receiver fluid which runs through the trough. You can make a DIY solar heating parabolic trough for your home. It can be used as a solar cooker, or a way to heat your water supply.
The first impression people get, with regards to DIY solar heating, is that it is complicated, too expensive, or both. This is the primary reason why many people don’t pursue installation of solar heating in their homes. What they often don’t know is that DIY thermal projects, such as water heating, space heating, and […]
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Chilly Out? Crucial Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe in Frigid Temperatures January 31, 2018
- New Year, New Home, New You! 5 Houseplants That Can Improve Your Health January 23, 2018
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Baked Squash with Apples, Raisins, and Nuts December 5, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009