Horseradish, as a grated root, is commonly used as condiment, but it also has medicinal values even when used as a food. It stimulates the digestive process and, at the same time, eases flatulence and other mild gastric upsets due to its antibacterial properties. This also makes it useful for treating urinary infections. As a […]
Yarrow, one of the best diaphoretic herbs, is known for helping the body during a fever. It contains flavonoids that increase both saliva and stomach acids, thus improving digestion and stimulating the appetite. As a urinary antiseptic, it can be used in the case of cystitis. It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and coagulant and therefore […]
More scientific studies are being done all the time to answer the question “How does aromatherapy work?” Current thinking theorizes that every essential oil contains varying amounts of certain chemical compounds which can be broken down into categories. Each of the compounds reacts on the limbic portion of the brain (the one which controls emotions) […]
Nettle is used to support and strengthen the whole body, and this makes it a tonic. It contains high amounts of minerals, such as iron, potassium and silicon, and is high in Vitamin A and C. This makes it a nutritive. It has been used through the ages to treat anemia, debility, weakness and to […]
Horsetail is probably the most abundant source of silicon among plants. One practical use of the herb is for polishing pewter, which contains tin and lead. In the field of herbology, horsetail acts as a mild diuretic and astringent for the genito-urinary tract. The astringency makes it invaluable in cases of incontinence and bed-wetting. It […]
Parsley leaves are used as garnish and condiment and are included in many recipes. It is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as many other nutrients. Parsley is used as a diuretic, helping the body to release excess water. Increased urine production can also wash out toxins; and this aids in the treatment […]
Saw palmetto is a small palm that grows in the sandy flatlands of the United Stated. It is mainly used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate glands. Prostate enlargement is caused by an inbalance of male hormones in prostate tissue. Saw palmetto reduces inflammation and swelling within the prostate […]
Dandelion is a bitter tonic that’s known for its detoxifying effects. It helps eliminate toxins, pollutants and wastes from the kidney and liver. Blood and tissues are cleansed in the process. The bitter root and leaves also help the digestive system. Dandelion may be used in the treatment of liver diseases, such as hepatitis and […]
- Now you Know How Much Protein you Need, but which Sources are Best? November 3, 2017
- Are You Shrinking? This Dangerous Deficiency Could Leave You Feeling Small September 29, 2017
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Supplementing 101: Calcium May Be Detrimental Without the Right Mineral Balance September 5, 2017
- What is Complete Nutrition? August 30, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....