Myrrh is an antiseptic often used in gargles, mouthwashes and toothpastes to treat gum diseases, gingivitis, mouth ulcers, pharyngitis, and sinusitis. It is also found in healing salves and liniments to be applied to minor skin ailments and abrasions. Myrhh works against infections in two ways. It has direct antimicrobial properties, killing microbes, and it […]
Horseradish, as a grated root, is commonly used as condiment, but it also has medicinal values even when used as a food. It stimulates the digestive process and, at the same time, eases flatulence and other mild gastric upsets due to its antibacterial properties. This also makes it useful for treating urinary infections. As a […]
An orange ginger aromatherapy combination is a great pairing of scents and healing properties. Commercial preparations include Orange Ginger Aromatherapy Body Essence, Orange Ginger Volumizing Shampoo, Orange Ginger Volumizing Conditioner, Orange Ginger Body Wash, Orange Ginger Body Lotion, Orange Ginger Soy Wax Candles, Orange Ginger Aromatherapy hand soap and orange ginger aromatherapy oil. With this […]
Cayenne is used both as medicine and food. There are different varieties of cayenne peppers, and they all contain capsaicin in different amounts. Capsaicin gives the peppers a hot and spicy taste, by switching on the same nerve ending that switches on when you’re feeling heat greater than 110 degrees F. As a medicine, it […]
Ginger is commonly available everywhere in the world. People use it both as food and medicine. It has pungent qualities and 24 distinct anti-inflammatory compounds, making it useful as medicine. It stimulates the heart and blood circulation. It is recommended for those suffering from chilblains, bad circulation and cramps. Ginger can also be used as […]
Peppermint is a cross between spearmint and water mint. People are familiar with peppermint because of its menthol flavoring, which is used for candies, teas, and chewing gum. Mint also makes your mouth feel cool because menthol activates cold receptors in our tissues. Less known is that it can also be used to aid people […]
Do you have a blender? A grocery store nearby? If you do, you can make a tonic for the immune system very, very easily. This is an old recipe, and I’ve seen it called many things. I’ve always called it Immune Tonic. That seems to describe it perfectly. It destroys bacteria, viruses, and fungi on […]
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Baked Squash with Apples, Raisins, and Nuts December 5, 2017
- Now you Know How Much Protein you Need, but which Sources are Best? November 3, 2017
- Are You Shrinking? This Dangerous Deficiency Could Leave You Feeling Small September 29, 2017
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....