Taking you back to high school shop class, here’s how to make your own wind turbine blades out of wood. The wood base easily picked up at any home building store (or heck, from fallen trees in the nearby forest), wood turbines are a more affordable option for a do-it-yourselfer as you can measure and […]
You can make homemade solar cells using materials purchased at a hardware store, which while not as practical as commercially varieties, can be used to teach students about solar energy.
A do-it-yourself solar oven is a simple way an average person can harness the sun’s energy for everyday use. It is inexpensive, and can be completed in a few hours.
Power generated by flowing water is referred to as “hydroelectric energy.” This principle has been used by man, throughout history. It was utilized in ancient times, to mill grains such as corn. In 1878, the Cragside House in England was the first house to be lit by this process. In 1882, hydroelectric energy was used […]
Wind power might be invisible to the eye, but it can potent when correctly harnessed. Wind has been a source of energy for a long time. Even 4,000 years ago, it was used by the Chinese and by the Babylonians to power pumps for irrigation.
A car running on biodiesel can save a lot of gas for its owner. Not only that, but this alternative fuel emits less carbon dioxide, making it more environmentally friendly than an engine which runs on conventional fossil fuel. A regular car, running with a diesel engine, can run on biodiesel, which is a non-petroleum […]
- 7 Delish Herbal Teas That Can Boost Your Health March 14, 2018
- Are some Genetic Disorders Disguised Nutritional Deficiencies? March 6, 2018
- Spring Is Creeping Up; Is Your Garden Ready? February 23, 2018
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Chilly Out? Crucial Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe in Frigid Temperatures January 31, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009