Aloe has hundreds of uses including the ability to ease the pain of burns (including sunburn) and insect bites, and to speed the healing process. The polysaccharides in aloe are responsible for stimulating skin repair and growth. In addition to the external skin, it aids all the mucous membranes inside the body. It is one […]
Myrrh is an antiseptic often used in gargles, mouthwashes and toothpastes to treat gum diseases, gingivitis, mouth ulcers, pharyngitis, and sinusitis. It is also found in healing salves and liniments to be applied to minor skin ailments and abrasions. Myrhh works against infections in two ways. It has direct antimicrobial properties, killing microbes, and it […]
Horseradish, as a grated root, is commonly used as condiment, but it also has medicinal values even when used as a food. It stimulates the digestive process and, at the same time, eases flatulence and other mild gastric upsets due to its antibacterial properties. This also makes it useful for treating urinary infections. As a […]
Yarrow, one of the best diaphoretic herbs, is known for helping the body during a fever. It contains flavonoids that increase both saliva and stomach acids, thus improving digestion and stimulating the appetite. As a urinary antiseptic, it can be used in the case of cystitis. It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and coagulant and therefore […]
Cayenne is used both as medicine and food. There are different varieties of cayenne peppers, and they all contain capsaicin in different amounts. Capsaicin gives the peppers a hot and spicy taste, by switching on the same nerve ending that switches on when you’re feeling heat greater than 110 degrees F. As a medicine, it […]
Parsley leaves are used as garnish and condiment and are included in many recipes. It is rich in vitamins A and C, as well as many other nutrients. Parsley is used as a diuretic, helping the body to release excess water. Increased urine production can also wash out toxins; and this aids in the treatment […]
Peppermint is a cross between spearmint and water mint. People are familiar with peppermint because of its menthol flavoring, which is used for candies, teas, and chewing gum. Mint also makes your mouth feel cool because menthol activates cold receptors in our tissues. Less known is that it can also be used to aid people […]
- The Stress Regulator You Never Knew Existed July 12, 2017
- A Long-Lived Tree that Helps People Live Well, Longer June 1, 2017
- This Exotic Fruit Could Be the Answer to your Digestion Woes May 20, 2017
- Time for Spring Cleaning? We Have the Perfect Cleansing Herb May 3, 2017
- Hay Fever got you Down? Try this Anti-Allergy Power Combo of Supplements! April 20, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....