Argan oil is the beauty industry’s big new trend; suddenly, it’s being included in everything from hair conditioner to body lotion. It’s true that this rare natural oil has been used by Moroccans on hair, skin, and nails for hundreds of years, but what is it that makes products from the argan tree so effective?
If you’ve turned on a television or walked down the street recently, you’ve probably heard something about gluten-free diets. This new trend is a serious health necessity for those with celiac disease, but it also has been shown to improve a host of problems from digestion complications to autism. When it comes to skincare however, […]
When thinking of animal testing laboratories, most of us picture wire cages stacked along cold white walls as mournful eyes peek through steel bars. Unfortunately, this scenario is all too real in hundreds of labs across the country. If you think there’s nothing you can do to help, you’re mistaken. More and more beauty lines […]
Chemicals have become so entrenched in our consumer lifestyle that we barely even notice how many of them we are consuming or applying to our body each day. Your facial cleanser alone probably contains about 10 different chemical compounds. One of these is likely a sulfate.
Over 50% of your standard beauty products contain polyethylene glycol compounds (PEGs). According to the International Journal of Toxicology (IJT), this chemical has been associated with health problems from severe skin irritation to breast cancer, yet the US Department of Health still considers the compound safe for cosmetic applications.
Recent media coverage has begun to expose the dangers of phthalates in beauty and skin products. What makes these compounds so alarming is that they are proven to enter the human bloodstream through the skin, yet remain present in many products intended for use on infants.
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Chilly Out? Crucial Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe in Frigid Temperatures January 31, 2018
- New Year, New Home, New You! 5 Houseplants That Can Improve Your Health January 23, 2018
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Baked Squash with Apples, Raisins, and Nuts December 5, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009