Aromatherapy massage is a special massage technique that combines the benefits of Swedish massage, shiatsu and effleurage type massages, with individual techniques added by the massage therapist. This massage is often accompanied by music chosen for its calming and relaxing character. The client is allowed to lie on a massage table while the massage therapist […]
Image via Wikipedia Essential oils are used in the aromatherapy branch of alternative medicine. They are very concentrated, non-water-soluble liquids obtained from plants, usually through a distillation process. Parts of herbs; such as leaves, seeds, flowers, bark, and/or roots; are placed into a distillation apparatus over water. The water is heated to become steam, which […]
Creating your own aromatherapy recipes can be a soothing and enjoyable task. Before you start, there are four areas of precaution to be aware of: Cinnamon, clove, hyssop, and sage are not suitable essential oils for home use. Basil, clove, cinnamon, fennel, hyssop, juniper, marjoram, myrrh, peppermint, rosemary, sage, and white thyme are some of […]
Over the years, even during the modern era of aromatherapy extending from the 1920s when Gattefosse wrote his first definitive text, there have been hundreds of books written on the subject of aromatherapy. The level of writing ranges from scholarly tomes with detailed chemical analysis of compounds to write-ups of scientific research about the measurement […]
An aromatherapy treatment is one in which the aromatherapists uses the essential oils from plants in order to treat specific conditions. Essential oils are extracted from plants generally using steam distillation, but occasionally other extraction methods. Essential oils are different than the substances used by herbalogists in that herbal remedies concentrate the entire plant while […]
Even though the growth in the knowledge and use of aromatherapy has been explosive over the past few years, an aromatherapy guide written by one of the first modern day aromatherapy practitioners is still widely read today, more than 70 years after its original publication. Gattefosse’s Aromatherapy was written in 1937, translated from the original […]
True aromatherapy case studies according to a scientific definition are not easily acquired. Many of the practitioners are not trained in scientific methods and therefore don’t know how to describe the results of treatment in such a way as would allow it to become the basis for a true scientific evaluation of some particular treatment […]
When choosing aromatherapy massage oils the carrier oils are equally as important as the essential oils. While the essential oils provide the neural stimulation to the body, the combination of the deep muscle work with shiatsu pressure points and the rhythmic movement of the therapist’s hands also relax and soothe muscles. The carrier oil must […]
- The Stress Regulator You Never Knew Existed July 12, 2017
- A Long-Lived Tree that Helps People Live Well, Longer June 1, 2017
- This Exotic Fruit Could Be the Answer to your Digestion Woes May 20, 2017
- Time for Spring Cleaning? We Have the Perfect Cleansing Herb May 3, 2017
- Hay Fever got you Down? Try this Anti-Allergy Power Combo of Supplements! April 20, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....