Myrrh is an antiseptic often used in gargles, mouthwashes and toothpastes to treat gum diseases, gingivitis, mouth ulcers, pharyngitis, and sinusitis. It is also found in healing salves and liniments to be applied to minor skin ailments and abrasions. Myrhh works against infections in two ways. It has direct antimicrobial properties, killing microbes, and it […]
Yarrow, one of the best diaphoretic herbs, is known for helping the body during a fever. It contains flavonoids that increase both saliva and stomach acids, thus improving digestion and stimulating the appetite. As a urinary antiseptic, it can be used in the case of cystitis. It is antiseptic and anti-inflammatory and coagulant and therefore […]
More scientific studies are being done all the time to answer the question “How does aromatherapy work?” Current thinking theorizes that every essential oil contains varying amounts of certain chemical compounds which can be broken down into categories. Each of the compounds reacts on the limbic portion of the brain (the one which controls emotions) […]
For those who enjoy aromatherapy recipes holidays are a great time for showing off the wide range of possibilities of aromatherapy. Not only can you use the recipes to create gifts for others, you can use the aromatherapy recipes holidays scents to decorate and prepare your surroundings to reflect the holiday spirit. Solve your holiday […]
Legal disclosure: Any links to Amazon on this page are sponsored links. Red Raspberry leaves have a delicious taste, much like black tea, but without the caffeine. Both the leaves and fruit are high in citrate of iron which is alterative and astringent for the reproductive area. Red raspberry tea promotes a safe and speedy […]
Cayenne is used both as medicine and food. There are different varieties of cayenne peppers, and they all contain capsaicin in different amounts. Capsaicin gives the peppers a hot and spicy taste, by switching on the same nerve ending that switches on when you’re feeling heat greater than 110 degrees F. As a medicine, it […]
Saw palmetto is a small palm that grows in the sandy flatlands of the United Stated. It is mainly used to treat benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH), a non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate glands. Prostate enlargement is caused by an inbalance of male hormones in prostate tissue. Saw palmetto reduces inflammation and swelling within the prostate […]
Uva ursi has been used by the Native Americans since the second century as a remedy for urinary tract infections. It contains hydroquinone, a chemical that has antibacterial properties. It also contains tannins, which have astringent properties that aid in the reduction of inflammation and toning of the bladder. It is also effective against bacteria […]
- Are You Shrinking? This Dangerous Deficiency Could Leave You Feeling Small September 29, 2017
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Supplementing 101: Calcium May Be Detrimental Without the Right Mineral Balance September 5, 2017
- What is Complete Nutrition? August 30, 2017
- Misleading Food Studies August 29, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....