Despite thousands of years of medical research and discovery, there is still no known cure for the common cold. The best that most physicians can offer is a variety of pharmaceuticals to mask the unpleasant symptoms of the cold while the human body fights off the virus on its own. Unfortunately, most of these medicines […]
Aromatherapy massage is a special massage technique that combines the benefits of Swedish massage, shiatsu and effleurage type massages, with individual techniques added by the massage therapist. This massage is often accompanied by music chosen for its calming and relaxing character. The client is allowed to lie on a massage table while the massage therapist […]
Image via Wikipedia Essential oils are used in the aromatherapy branch of alternative medicine. They are very concentrated, non-water-soluble liquids obtained from plants, usually through a distillation process. Parts of herbs; such as leaves, seeds, flowers, bark, and/or roots; are placed into a distillation apparatus over water. The water is heated to become steam, which […]
This video, by Dr. Ney, a Naturopathic Doctor, explains the cause of vaginal yeast infections, why mainstream medicine treatments may not work, and naturopathic alternative treatments.
Here’s an explanation of how kinesiology uncovers causes of stress to the nervous system Author: naturalhealthexpert
Aromatherapy is the use of rapidly evaporating essential oils (liquid plant materials) to help enhance or improve a person’s health and/ or mood. This therapy is practiced mostly by providers of alternative medicine, and has come under a lot of criticism by traditional medical professionals. There is little aromatherapy information that comes from controlled studies. […]
Aromatherapy is the branch of alternative or holistic medicine that deals with the usage of certain volatile plant oils or other plant substances to alter one’s psychological state or physical health. As opposed to other alternative medicines, aromatherapy is a peculiarly Western method. That is not to say that treatment involving aromatic scents doesn’t exist […]
Western drugs may give quick relief to the acne sufferer but they are not without side effects. Alternative or complementary medicine for the treatment of acne possesses similar therapeutic properties as those found in Western medicine, while having much less potential for dangerous side effects. Alternative medicine can be used either as an alternative to […]
- Now you Know How Much Protein you Need, but which Sources are Best? November 3, 2017
- Are You Shrinking? This Dangerous Deficiency Could Leave You Feeling Small September 29, 2017
- An Easy Way to Boost Your Mood All Day Long September 14, 2017
- Supplementing 101: Calcium May Be Detrimental Without the Right Mineral Balance September 5, 2017
- What is Complete Nutrition? August 30, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009
- Traeling: I’ve gotten on a whole exercise routine, includi...
- Amazon Customer: The rose hydrating mist is my favorite product. It...
- Jennifer.: Martine's products are wonderful! I always have a...
- Amazon Customer: This product works right away....
- Customer: This product works right away....