As any doctor will tell you, youth is not only manifested in your physical appearance; keeping your body youthful and healthy requires a great deal of nurturing from both the outside and the inside. That’s why it’s important to learn about the power of supplements that provide health benefits for both your inner body and your outer appearance. MSM (methyl sulfonyl methane) is one such supplement.
Keeping Organs, Cells, and Bodily Systems Fit
While many maturing adults focus on looking young, they may not realize that it is the declining health of the organs and biological systems within the body that cause many of the external symptoms of aging. The first step towards looking and feeling young is to ensure the health of your inner body. Healthy eating habits and exercise are important for everyone, and taking the right natural supplements will also help keep your body fit. Methyl sulfonyl methane, for instance, can provide a wide variety of benefits for cells, organs, and biological systems:
- Improving cardiovascular health by stimulating blood flow and increasing permeability of arteries
- Helping all types of cells to reproduce, rebuild, and heal
- Reducing swelling and inflammation by dilating blood vessels and preventing fluid buildup
- Preventing the breakdown of cartilage and joint tissue
- Alleviating digestion problems by improving PH balance, thus helping to normalize stomach function and reduce the overproduction of stomach acids
- Improving carbohydrate metabolism and healthy blood-sugar levels by working with insulin
Combating the Outward Signs of Aging
Taking steps to improve the well-being of your body as a whole will do much to slow the outward signs of aging. Of course, it can’t hurt to approach your health from the inside and outside at the same time! While MSM supplements will help your inner body stay healthy, applying it topically can fight the signs of aging from the outside. Here are a few ways that methyl sulfonyl methane (in any form) can keep you looking young:
- Helping build the disulfide bonds that formulate the connective tissues within the skin: collagen, elastin, and keratin
- Preventing the deterioration or breakdown of these same connective tissues
- Softening and improving the appearance of scar tissue
- Working with antioxidants and amino acids to neutralize free radicals, metals, and skin-damaging cancerous cells
- Making cell membranes more permeable, so skin cells can absorb oxygen and nutrients while eliminating toxins
Living Clean offers a variety of all-natural methyl sulfonyl methane products – both oral MSM supplements and topical applications.
You can also read more about the many health benefits offered by MSM:
- Should You Be Taking a Methyl Sulfonyl Methane Supplement?
- Natural Pain Management with Methyl Sulfonyl Methane