The Dr. Clark Candida Cleanse Kit is composed of of herbs and natural compounds that work synergistically to eliminate the overgrowth of Candida yeast. For best results, do this cleanse in conjunction with a diet designed to avoid foods that seem to increase Candida growth. When done daily as directed, this cleanse will take slightly more than one month.*
What is Candida?
Candida albicans is a type of yeast that inhabits the mucous membranes of the respiratory and digestive tracts. Candida lives harmoniously with other intestinal flora in normal conditions. When the environment in the digestive tract changes, however, an overgrowth of Candida upsets the natural balance of microorganisms, a condition called Candidiasis.*
We are regularly exposed to spores of Candida albicans, which are carried in the air to land on skin or enter the body through the mouth and nose. When the spores reproduce, a healthy immune system can keep excess growth in check. A compromised immune system, however, can leave your body susceptible to Candida overgrowth, as can these lifestyle choices and habits:*
- Prolonged use of antibiotics
- Taking birth control pills
- Use of cortisone drugs
- Over consumption of sugar and carbohydrates, especially highly processed ones
Antibiotics upset the natural balance of microorganisms in the gut by killing the friendly bacteria that normally prevent Candida overgrowth. If there is little or no bacteria to provide competition, Candida can freely reproduce in the ideal environment provided by your gut – moist and with plenty of available food in the form of fermenting sugars.*
Signs of Excess Candida
Symptoms indicating an overgrowth of Candida albicans include white patches in the mouth and on the tongue (oral thrush) or on the skin as a rash. Babies are particularly susceptible to thrush and diaper rash if their immune systems are not strong. Anyone, however, with a weakened immune system is more likely to have an overgrowth – for example, the elderly and the ill. Since Candida itself can weaken the immune system, this can result in the vicious cycle of a weaker and weaker immune system.*
Candida organisms are able to enter the blood stream through holes in intestinal walls, at which point they are transported to various areas and organs throughout the body, to cause or contribute to:*
- Abdominal bloating
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Brain fog
- Sinus and respiratory infections
- Sugar and carbohydrate cravings
- Weakened immune system
Measures to Combat Candida
It’s important to heal the immune system so it can better defend the body against harmful microorganisms, such as an uncontrolled Candida population increase. Equally important is improving digestion to avoid the fermentation of undigested food particles, which would feed the Candida. To reduce the food sources that support Candida growth, avoid sugars, alcohol, carbohydrates, dairy products, processed meats, and fruits and vegetables that are rated high on the glycemic index.*
Taking a blend of herbs with anitfungal properties, such as those in the Dr. Clark Candida Cleanse Kit, helps to kill the yeast cells, balance the microorganisms in the digestive tract, and nurture the immune system.*
- Oregano oil has high concentrations of two phenols effective against fungal infections: carvacrol and thymol. A chemical reaction with water in the blood stream is thought to dehydrate and kill Candida yeast cells.
- Menthol, found in peppermint oil, also acts as an antifungal.
- Raz-Caps are composed of a blend of antimicrobial and immune-boosting herbs.
- Pumpkin seeds are rich in omega-3 fatty acids, with their antifungal properties. Omega-3’s also help to combat feelings of depression, which might naturally occur as a result of an illness such as Candidiasis.
- Garlic is a potent antibacterial and antifungal herb and also a well-known immune booster. The disulfide ajoene in garlic is a powerful compound against Candida.
- Cayenne is high in Vitamin A, which supports the mucous membranes lining the intestinal and urinary tracts and forming the first line of defense against pathogens. Cayenne also aids circulation and digestion, helping to clear the bowels of Candida and other toxins.
- Thyme assists the immune system and fights infections in the digestive, respiratory, and genitourinary tracts, often inhabited by Candida albicans.
- Ginger root is widely used as a digestive aid, soothing the intestinal inflammation that may accompany a Candida infection.
- In addition to being a potent antifungal, Pau d’arco is also an anti-inflammatory.
- Olive leaf, another antifungal herb, also helps to stabilize blood sugar. This is needed because elevated blood glucose levels fuel Candida overgrowth, and Candida in turn, creates cravings for sugar and carbohydrates, which can elevate blood sugar levels! (Another vicious cycle.)
- Glutamine, the most abundant amino acid in the body, performs a similar blood sugar stabilizing function, and also helps to regenerate digestive tract tissue.
- Chromium (as chromium picolinate) encourages the pancreas to produce insulin, the hormone that keeps blood sugar from spiking and falling too drastically.
- Papain, an enzyme derived from the papaya fruit, is a powerful part of the Candida Cleanse. Inhibits fermentation of undigested food, by helping to make sure proteins are digested. Undigested food that ferments seems to be the favorite food of Candida albicans! In addition, undigested protein in the gut feeds bacteria and this increases ammonia levels, creating a better environment for Candida and other pathogens and a worse environment for beneficial bacteria. Furthermore, when Candida cell membranes are weakened, their protein-rich interiors are vulnerable to the protein-digesting powers of papain.