Omega-3 fatty acids (ALA, EPA, and DHA) are vitally important to your health and can only be obtained through your diet. Unfortunately, research shows that most people are not consuming nearly enough of the foods containing them, such as ocean vegetables and salmon. For this reason, you may have heard of many people taking fish oil supplements. Now, there’s a much more powerful supplemental source – krill oil!
Why Do You Need Fatty Acids?
You’ve probably been told that esential fatty acids are great for your health, but do you know why? These “good fats” are used by the human body in innumerable ways, even in the womb. A few reasons to boost your intake of omega-3s include:
- Numerous studies have shown that fatty acids improve cardiovascular health, lower blood pressure, decrease cholesterol levels, and reduce risk of heart disease.
- EPA and DHA are both vital to the health of a developing fetus, improving brain development and reducing the risks of fetal complications.
- Omega-3s have been shown to reduce the risk of prostate, colon, and breast cancer.
- They promote mental health; studies show that EPA consumption results in lower risks for depression and suicide.
Benefits of Krill Oil
While wild-caught salmon and fish oil supplements do contain fatty acids, we have a found an even more effective source – oils produced by the marine crustacean known as krill. These oils are rich in many nutrients and are a much more potent source of omega-3 fatty acids than traditional fish oil. Along with ALA, EPA, and DHA fatty acids, krill oil also contains:
Phospholipids, a class of lipids that help your body to absorb and digest fatty acids.
- Choline, a type of B vitamin that promotes brain and liver function as well as health during pregnancy.
- Astaxanthin, one of nature’s most powerful antioxidants.
Every one of us needs our omega-3 fatty acids, so krill oil supplements can benefit just about anyone, but supplements like these are especially beneficial for people who are at risk for heart disease, as well as for pregnant women. Dr. Clark’s Virgin Krill Oil is available from Living Clean and is extensively tested for purity.
Read more about vitamins and supplements: