In 2010, it was recorded that over 12 million people were abusing pain medication. Many of them probably began taking the medication on a valid prescription for pain but were unable to withstand the addicting effects of the drug. Besides the risk of dependency, pharmaceutical painkillers can cause a number of physical health problems. Through natural pain management, sufferers of long-term or chronic pain can avoid life-threatening complications.
Potential Health Risks from Pharmaceutical Pain Medications
Some of the side-effects that are associated with long-term use of prescription pain medication include:
- Gastrointestinal ulcers and bleeding
- Cardiovascular disorders, even heart attacks or strokes
- Liver damage
- Respiratory depression
- Nausea and vomiting
- Sexual dysfunction
- Physical or chemical dependency
If you’ve been prescribed painkillers for long-term or chronic pain, you have reason to be concerned. To manage pain, there are other options that pose no threat to your health.
Nature’s Analgesic: MSM
One of the most common elements in nature could be your solution for pain management. Methyl sulfonyl methane (MSM) is a natural chemical compound that can be found within the cells of almost any living creature. While it already exists in some of the foods you eat, it is often lost through cooking and processing. Increasing your intake of this sulfur compound could help decrease pain in the following ways:
- MSM acts as a natural analgesic, inhibiting pain impulses throughout the nervous system and helping to reduce the number of pain signals that reach the brain.
- Blood vessels are dilated, so blood flow improves. This decreases fluid buildup and inflammation around joints or injuries and helps greatly with pain caused by past injuries or arthritis.
- Since MSM improves each cell’s ability to absorb oxygen and release toxins, it relieves inflammation caused by toxins and chemicals in the body. This helps to reduce pain caused by inflammation.
Double Helix Water for a Holistic Approach
Holistic remedies like acupuncture have been used to address pain for thousands of years. Now you can harness the power of Eastern medicine by applying an all-natural topical skin cream.
Double Helix Water, or stable water clusters, is a new phase of water that was recently discovered by physicist, Shui Yin Lo, and researcher, David L. Gann. When tested on a variety of illnesses and health conditions, the substance had effects that were amazingly similar to acupuncture. Research suggests that stable water clusters have many of the same properties as the meridian system of Eastern medicine, meaning that they could influence meridians, acupoints, and qi energy.
When used topically, stable water clusters in an all-natural cream is applied to the area affected by pain and to corresponding acupoints. In case studies, this approach has been shown to relieve pain caused by migraines, sports injuries, and disease.