Weight-lifters and athletes are notorious for using various supplements to enhance muscle mass and strength training, but are these methods safe and effective? The answer depends on the nature of the supplements and how they are made.
If you’re trying to slim down and tone up, the main foundation of your routine should be a healthy diet and exercise. There are some all-natural solutions that can boost your fitness efforts. Supplementing a healthy diet with the amino acid, carnitine, has been shown to improve muscle performance and fat-burn during exercise.
While some so-called body-building supplements that are based on artificial chemicals or protein powders may prove less than effective (or even harmful!), there are natural options that are both safe and powerful. N-acetyl cysteine, for instance, is a naturally-occurring amino acid that can reduce fatigue and decrease muscle damage during intense workouts.
Although these compounds are called “non-essential” amino acids, it does not mean that they’re not essential to your health and well-being. The term just refers to the fact that your body can produce these amino acids on its own. However, when faced with advanced age, high levels of stress, or inadequate nutrition, your body may […]
Conditionally-essential amino acids are usually synthesized by the human body, but may be in limited supply in certain conditions, such as prematurity in infants, severe catabolic distress, or advanced age.
As discussed in a previous article, amino acids are absolutely essential to the basic processes that keep your body alive. Without them, none of your 50 trillion cells would be able to function. Let’s take a look at the different kinds of amino acids and why it may be beneficial for you to supplement.
Amino acids are often called the building blocks of life. From the tips of your hair to your innermost organs, proteins keep the body in good working order. Deficiencies in amino acids can have disastrous effects on your overall health; this introduction to amino acids will help you to understand how they work and where […]
In this video, an athlete with joint pain talks about her physical improvements after taking Double Helix Water with stable water clusters, and also using Double Helix Cream.
- Spring Is Creeping Up; Is Your Garden Ready? February 23, 2018
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Chilly Out? Crucial Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe in Frigid Temperatures January 31, 2018
- New Year, New Home, New You! 5 Houseplants That Can Improve Your Health January 23, 2018
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009