A simple, healthy recipe for autumn. This recipe is flexible. You don’t have to have every single ingredient!
Stuffed peppers is a food invention that originated in the 1930s.
Yakitori is a dish originating in Japan, commonly made with pieces of chicken that are skewered and then cooked on a grill.
Even though our forefathers didn’t know it, lean fresh meat jerky is low in cholesterol and fat and very high in protein, making jerky a nutritious and wholesome snack. Jerky is an excellent energy food when camping, biking, skiing, or anytime you want a light snack. 3 lbs. meat (not ground meat) 2/3 cups Worcestershire […]
This German rye bread recipe makes 2 loaves of hearty, dense rye bread. The bread is very good by itself, or serve it with the German bread dip recipe for a special presentation. If you are planning to serve the bread with the dip, prepare the dip recipe first and let it chill while making […]
During October, pumpkins are abundant. Sometimes, too abundant. And it’s not uncommon to see excess pumpkins cast aside or left to rot after Halloween, but there’s really no need to let the extras go to waste.
Increased consumption of sugar per person over the last century is huge. In 1900 it was seven pounds per person per year and today the average is around 220 pounds. Directly related to the consumption of sugar and simple carbohydrates (which change to sugar in the body) are diseases such as obesity, hypoglycemia, and diabetes. […]
Cabbage is a strong and easy to grow vegetable. It inexpensive, and is found in almost all parts of the world. Cabbage has been known throughout the ages, both for its nutritional values, and for its medicinal values. It has recently become recognized that it can reduce the risk of certain forms of cancer (such […]
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Chilly Out? Crucial Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe in Frigid Temperatures January 31, 2018
- New Year, New Home, New You! 5 Houseplants That Can Improve Your Health January 23, 2018
- Something Treacherous Is Hiding in Your Everyday Foods December 7, 2017
- Baked Squash with Apples, Raisins, and Nuts December 5, 2017
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009