Skin problems abound during winter. Dry, cold air, blistering winds, and a constant barrage of indoor heaters are bound to dry out the skin and intensify conditions like eczema and psoriasis. Don’t despair just yet, however. There are some simple ways to protect the skin from winter ravages and rejuvenate it in time for spring.
You’re a smart consumer, and we’re betting you don’t jump on every beauty bandwagon that drives by. There is one big trend for hair and skin health, however, that has a base in true facts. The trick is sifting through the propaganda to find quality products that incorporate authentic, effective ingredients.
Your skin fights one of the most courageous battles of any organ in your body. Constantly bombarded by air pollutants, toxins, weather, and sun, it’s no wonder that the skin is one of the first indicators of age and decline. While you may not be able to remove all skin-damaging factors from your environment, you […]
Hidden in the hills and mountains of Morocco lie traditional Hammam bathhouses where ancient practices have been used for centuries to cleanse and rejuvenate the skin. Most modern skincare advancements cannot compete with the secrets of nature, as Moroccan traditions continue to reveal.
Solvents are sometimes a necessary component of skin and hair products that help to dissolve, stabilize, and preserve a cosmetic solution for consumer use. The question is, how do you know if the solvents used in your personal care products are beneficial or toxic?
A perusal of the ingredients list is the deciding factor for many health-conscious shoppers who are searching for suitable beauty and personal care products. But what if there were a way for manufacturers to cloak toxic chemicals in their products without naming them on the ingredients list? That is exactly the case when it comes […]
It’s a dangerous toxin. Chemists and lab technicians are encouraged to use gloves, protective eyewear, and extreme caution when handing it. So why is it in our cosmetics and skin care products?
Some of the most controversial skincare ingredients on the market today are parabens. While the FDA insists that they are safe, various studies suggest that these commonplace preservatives could threaten our health.
- 7 Delish Herbal Teas That Can Boost Your Health March 14, 2018
- Are some Genetic Disorders Disguised Nutritional Deficiencies? March 6, 2018
- Spring Is Creeping Up; Is Your Garden Ready? February 23, 2018
- Ten Natural Ways to Soothe Dry Winter Skin February 13, 2018
- Chilly Out? Crucial Tips for Keeping Your Family Safe in Frigid Temperatures January 31, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009