How’s your night vision these days? Seeing in the dark will be one of the first things to go. Next you may notice a painful sensitivity to bright lights and an unusual fatigue after looking at a computer screen for several hours. All of these symptoms are markers of one simple deficiency.
Genetic disorder or malfunction has become the “go to” explanation for the rise of disease. It is all too common in these days of rising heart, cardiovascular, and diabetic conditions, to blame it all on genes. And while this may be a factor in some cases, it is likely not the root cause. Genetics are […]
Have you eaten out lately? A typical restaurant meal may include a large steak with a salad, potatoes or rice, and a bread roll. It sounds delicious, but what is the overall nutritional takeaway from this meal?
In last week’s article, we covered the problems associated with protein deficiency and listed out how much protein the average person should be eating. All proteins are not created equal, however; how does one determine which proteins are most useful to the body?
Your body is made up of thousands of minerals, elements, vitamins, and enzymes, but there is one nutrient that makes a powerful contribution in the formulation and function of almost every body part. Have you guessed what it is?
In 1954, nutritionist Adelle Davis told us that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Although this idea was accepted widely and repeated by parents for generations, it still remains largely ignored. A recent survey by the NPD Group concluded that 31 million American adults skip breakfast each day. You may ask yourself, […]
Most of us make an effort to eat what we think is a healthy meal. We really do. And those who prepare meals for the family, be they moms or dads, husbands or wives, all do their best to make it a nutritious and delicious meal.
Just about every day, there is a new news article in every major newspaper’s health section, about the relative health benefit of some food substance or beverage. While these articles are interesting, they tend to lack scientific merit.
- Natural Dental Care: Age Old Methods for a Healthy Smile April 10, 2018
- 11 Strength-Building Exercises Using Bodyweight Alone April 3, 2018
- Spring Cleaning: All-Natural Tips and Tricks to Make Your Home a Happy and Healthy Place March 21, 2018
- Night Vision Deteriorating? This May Be the Reason Why March 20, 2018
- 7 Delish Herbal Teas That Can Boost Your Health March 14, 2018
- Facts about Solar Energy November 5, 2008
- Unplug for Better Sleep November 11, 2010
- Non-Toxic Flea Control June 19, 2009
- Ginger Tea and the Benefits of Ginger July 7, 2008
- Who’s Afraid of Making an Herbal Tincture? January 11, 2009